The Cholesterol ‘Conversation’ is changing
Cholesterol researchers are abandoning the LDL theory of Heart Disease and focusing on more important factors.
So what do you need to know at this time?
Integrative doctors are witnessing one common denominator with people walking into their clinics experiencing chronic illness/cancer diagnoses ... and that is a Vitamin D deficiency.
Conventional doctors have been focusing on the view that high cholesterol is something that should be attacked with:
- taking eggs out of the diet (this myth has been challenged highly over the last 10 years), and
- statin drugs
We recommend the following strategy to find better heart health and cholesterol management:
- Educate yourself on what foods positively and negatively affect your arteries and heart health (we provide a simple starting point at the bottom of this article)
- Educate yourself on the side effects of statin drugs, taking this medication can be extremely damaging
This is a great video on the effects of statin drugs PLUS highlights the many benefits of LDL (low density lipoprotein). For example – hormone balance and the strength of your immune system.
Make the best choice for yourself ...
Learn the better indicator of heart disease risk than just your total cholesterol - plus the dangers of statins and the need to supplement with CoQ10 if you're taking these cholesterol-lowering drugs - through our infographic "How to Make Sense of Your Cholesterol Levels."
Here’s what I have been following... it’s the latest research on Kyolic Garlic as a supplement to keep your arteries clean, clear and youthful.
I would include this into your daily routine once you have got your eating well balanced and you are moving your body more.
Here is another supplement that I am keeping an eye on for those looking to support heart health.
If you are interested in how to keep your arteries as clean and youthful as possible – take a look at this research released just a few months ago. Its associated with the clinical research using Kyolic Garlic.
Are you looking for small tips to start looking after your arteries, cell membranes ...
and ... therefore your ‘Cholesterol Levels’?
1. Avoid Margarine
Choose grassfed butter or ghee
2. Avoid Table Salt
Choose unprocessed salt and educate your friends and family on the difference:
- Natural unprocessed salt, like Himalayan Salt: comprises 84% sodium chloride and 16% naturally occurring trace minerals. This is the ideal salt you should use.
- Processed table salt: has more sodium chloride at 97.5%, with the rest being man-made chemicals and flow agents. The structure of this salt is also altered because of the processing involved. This turns it into a processed product that you wouldn’t want to use.
3. Avoid Preservatives
Choose whole food, nothing packaged. Author Cyndi O'Meara was explaining this concept to her 8 year old daughter who said in response, "If God didn't make it, don't eat it." Pretty much!
4. Avoid Sweeteners
Choose naturally sweet fruits, vegetables and natures ‘gold’ ... raw, unprocessed honey.
5. Avoid ‘deep fried foods’
Choose to oven bake your own foods like root vegetables with butter, olive oil or coconut oil. NO CANOLA!
If you need help with getting back on track ... download our free 7 day Reset Challenge.
AUTHOR: Sally Imeson - Nutritionist, Author, Health Coach & Mother is passionate about helping you learn how to nurture yourself well with food, and to take full responsibility for the way you love yourself and direct your life.